This week we created a new set of Quality Assurance Plan Templates. I sat templates as we developed more than just the MS Word template, but sample materials, and also seven pretty slick Excel spreadsheets. If you’re involved in tech writing or software testing, I think these templates will be of real value to your Quality Assurance activities. The Excel spreadsheets are interlinked so you can move back and forwards using the table of contents without having to work through the tabs. It’s a small detail but if you do a lot of Excel work, it does help.
What’s in the new Quality Assurance Plan Template?
This template pack includes a 39-page Quality Assurance Plan Template in MS Word, an Audit checklist and Schedule Forms, and 7 Excel spreadsheets. You can use this template to write your first QA plan. It includes helpful explanatory text that walks you through the process of setting up your first QA project. You can change everything in the document – text, images, and tables. There are no special plug-ins, macros, or installation files. Just download the templates and get started.
Quality Assurance Plan Definition
The Quality Assurance Plan describes the approach to ensuring that software is delivered according to a set of agreed quality guidelines. It ensures that the:
- Project is managed, developed, and deployed correctly.
- Deliverables are of acceptable quality before delivered to clients.
In the Quality Milestones chapter, we’ve added a nice Note to the text to display some instructional text.
Here in the Documentation section, you can see how the chapter numbering, fonts, text, and tables are presented.
Why do you need a Quality Assurance Plan?
The Quality Assurance Plan ensures the project provides quality within the allocated resources, schedule, and budget.
How to use the Quality Assurance Plan
- Address specific project processes and deliverables.
- Establish criteria that defines the quality at each checkpoint or deliverable.
- Identify roles and responsibilities for the quality assurance reviewers.
- Define who, where and when quality reviews are performed.
- Apply the Styles, such as those shown in the following screenshots, to ensure a consistent look and feel through-out the document.
Examples of Styles for the Body, Bullet lists, Notes, Table text and headers
Quality Assurance Plan Purpose
Use this Software Quality Assurance Plan to document the process, methods, standards, and procedures for your next software testing project. Use this document as a foundation for managing software quality assurance activities and project activities as documented in the Project Plan.
This Quality Assurance Plan will help you:
- Identify the SQA responsibilities of the project team and the SQA consultants
- Define reviews and audits and how they will be conducted
- List the activities, processes, and work products to be reviewed
- Identify SQA work products
Examples of different notes, message, and warning styles you might want to add to your Quality Plan
Who is this template for?
This template was written for QA Managers, especially those who may be new to this area and are looking for a little direction on how to get started. The forms, checklists, and spreadsheets will also help you get up to speed fast.